School Direct information for schools
Schools with allocated places for 2017-18
Lead Schools with allocated places for School Direct (salaried) and School Direct (training) have received a recruitment and selection pack of documentation.
- School partnership agreement schedule and appendices
- Induction Information
- Timetable guidance 2017
- Proposed year in colour for Secondary Salaried 2017
- Proposed year in colour for Primary Salaried 2017
- Proposed year in colour for Primary School Direct PGCE 2017
- U-L PGCE Year in Colour 2017
- SD PGCE A Year in Colour 2017
- SD PGCE B Year in Colour 2017
- Proposed dates for induction and mentor development sessions 2017
Non-supported places for 2017-18
Independent Schools and schools which do not have an allocated place from the NCTL with funding can still offer School Direct places for 2017-18 through the 'non-supported' route (i.e. the route is not supported by funding from the NCTL).
In this case the school elects to fund the training and employs the candidate as an unqualified teacher. The trainee will join the School Direct Salaried route.
Apply to work with us
Contact us if you would like to register interest in working with the University of Hertfordshire, or would like further information about non-supported places.
We offer any subject on our secondary routes, working in collaboration with our partnership schools to provide the necessary development of subject knowledge for teaching for the trainees. Please contact us to discuss the subjects that you would like to offer.
The School of Education Policy for working with schools for Primary and Secondary School Direct training outlines ways that we work with schools.
Schools need to work in groups of no less than 5, with a Lead School applying for allocated places from the NCTL.