Construction and carving workshop
- Forge and anvil gives access to blacksmithing techniques
- Box folder and rolling bars allow for the shaping and forming of sheet
- Mechanical hacksaw is used for cutting large section metal components
The welding facility gives access to heavy and light welding equipment including:
- oxy acetylene for cutting
- welding and braising
- propane for soldering
Woodworking machine bays
This area has:
- circular, radial and bandsaws to cut and shape
- a sander for finishing
- pedestal drill
- benches for fabrication
- mitre guillotine for stretcher and frame making
Wet process area
Provides a facility for building, moulding and casting with clay, plaster and wax.
Large scale work can be produced in the courtyard which has:
- lifting equipment
- an air line
- power points
There are covered areas for stone, fibre glass and fabrication work.
Sculpting and moulding
An area has been developed in this workshop to improve our ability to build and mould figures and creatures for special effects and fine art outcomes.
We are developing this area to extend existing clay and wax modelling facilities with additional facilities for moulding in foam, silicone and a lay up facility for GRP.