How Joint Honours works
In your second year at the University of Hertfordshire you can choose to continue studying both subjects equally or to major in one (75%) and minor in the other (25%).
At the end of your second year you get to review your decision and if you have chosen a major subject you can go back to studying both your subjects equally again if you prefer.
If you continued on a Joint mode you can decide to major in one subject at the start of your third year*.
*some subjects/subject combinations have specific restrictions regarding availability of major/minor/joint options check your course page for details.
What our Joint Honours students say
Why Joint Honours?
Joint Honours at the University of Hertfordshire offers you:
- Flexibility - Keep your options open and tailor your studies to your interests.
- Adaptability - Broaden and deepen your knowledge across two or more disciplines and learn to approach problems from multiple perspectives.
- Employability - A multiple subject degree shows employers that you are a rounded individual with broad interests and an ability to learn new things in a variety of fields.
- Transferable skills - Develop highly sought after skills in the work place such as time management, independent study skills and organisation.
- Great opportunities - Study abroad or gain real experience on a work placement year, brush up your language skills or simply experience a different culture and education system - whatever you choose to do and wherever you go you're sure to have an outstanding CV when you graduate.
Joint Honours combinations
Combinations available in:
- Human Geography
- Journalism & Media Cultures
- Sports Studies