Apply for student finance for 2016/17
Student Finance England
New full-time students
Students starting a course in September 2016 will be able to apply for their funding from March 2016.
- Please ensure that you complete a 2016/17 application.
- Please ensure that you complete a new student application form (PN1) even if you have attended a different institution previously.
If you have any queries about which form you should complete, please email email@example.com.
27 May 2016 is the application deadline for courses starting in September 2016. You can still apply after this date, but Student Finance cannot guarantee that your funding will be in place by the time you start your course.
If you are unable to find your course when you apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with you UCAS ID.
Part time students can apply for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance.
Applications for courses starting in September 2016 will open in March 2016. Further information about student finance and loans.
Distance Learning students
Distance Learning students may be eligible for a tuition fee loan. Further information about student finance and loans.
Need to change your student finance application?
If you have already applied for student finance and you need to change your application, you may be able to do so online, by logging into your student finance account. What you are able to change will depend on what stage your application is at.
You will also need to notify us of any changes to your course, by emailing email@example.com. We will inform Student Finance of the changes.
Be careful with your personal details online. Students are often targeted with phishing emails around student finance payment dates.
- The Student Loans Company (SLC) will never ask you to update your bank details by email.
- SLC will never ask you to verify your student account details by email.
- Ignore SLC branded messages that tell you to 'validate your account' or provide any personal, security or banking details.