Queen's Diamond Jubilee Birthday Honours list
Recognition for University of Hertfordshire alumni and their achievements
The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Birthday Honours list, which was announced last month, recognised a number of alumni and staff from the University, who have been involved in a range of sectors and charities. In addition, a number of the University’s Honorary Doctorates also received mentions.
Alumni and staff who have received honours are:
- Alistair Spalding (BA(Hons) Humanities, 1980), currently Chief Executive and Artistic Director at Sadler’s Wells, will receive a CBE for services to dance.
- Matthew King (LLB, 2009 and PgDip Law, 2011) receives an OBE for services to people with disabilities and to charity.
- Roger Farbey (BA(Hons) Humanities, 1976) is Head of Library and Knowledge Services at the British Dental Association and is awarded an MBE for services to dentistry and dental information.
- Dr Julia Schofield is a Principal Lecturer at the University and a consultant dermatologist at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust. She is to receive an MBE for services to dermatology.
- Emeritus Professor John Adams worked at the University from 1969 to 2004 and is also Vice-President, National Governor’s Association. Professor Adams will receive an MBE for services to education.
A number of Honorary Doctorates were also recognised:
- Dr Mary Archer, Chair, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, will receive the title of Dame Commander for services to the NHS.
- Maggie Jackson is Director of Coaching at Hertfordshire Mavericks; she will receive an MBE for services to netball.
- Tasmin Little, Violinist, will receive OBE for services to music.