Crop Protection, Conservation and Communication
Hosted by the school of life sciences
About the event
Event type: Other
The School of Life and Medical Sciences are hosting a conference to celebrate the achievements of graduates.
This conference, which is open to all, launches Crop Protection Modules on the MSc in Environmental Management and celebrates achievements of graduates in Biology and Environmental Studies and Management. It also marks the MBE awarded to Dr Avice Hall who has taught at Hatfield since 1970.
The programme covers crop protection, conservation and environmental management with presentations by graduates of the work they are currently undertaking. There will also be a poster exhibition and opportunity to meet former students, network and to tour facilities. Bookings can be made online www.go.herts.ac.uk/crop-conference When Thursday 20 September 2012
College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB
Conference Cost: £25.00 per person, which includes refreshments throughout the day
Concession rate: £15 per person, which includes students registered on BSc, MSc and PhDs, and adults aged over 60 years
Following the conference we will be hosting an informal buffet supper. The cost for this is £15 per person and you are invited to bring guests with you if you wish. No concession rate applies.
- Professor John Lucas, Plant Pathologist, Rothamsted Research
- Dr Avice Hall, Plant Pathologist, University of Hertfordshire
- Shari Vahl, graduate. Reporter, You and Yours, BBC Radio 4
- Mark Jacobs, graduate. Innovation Executive, BBC Natural History Unit
- Miranda Campbell, graduate. Environmental Practices Adviser for the National Trust
- Liz Wagner-Dempster, graduate. Environmental Coordinator, University of Hertfordshire
- Dr Keith Davies, graduate. Nematologist, University of Hertfordshire
- David Kay, graduate. Hall Hunter Ltd
Poster contributions are welcomed from delegates either about current academic research, job or career development since graduation. Please let us know when booking if you are planning to bring a poster and provide a title, author and a 200 word abstract. Details of poster size etc. will be sent to you.
More information and Bookings
Book online at www.go.herts.ac.uk/crop-conference - spaces are limited.
For more information and booking
Tickets: £25 for the conference, £15 for the dinner