Our Global Alumni Network
Our global alumni network of 25,000 alumni from 180 countries play a vital role in supporting prospective students coming from overseas to study with us, and connecting alumni who have returned home. Contact your country's Alumni Chapter to:
- join your country's social and professional alumni network
- get involved in our programme of international alumni events
- share your experience at Hertfordshire with prospective students
- offer career advice and work placements to current students
Please contact Felicity Bond, Alumni Relations Manager (International) for any queries regarding our global network of alumni groups.
Professor James Jenkins, Assistant Dean (International) from the School of Life and Medical Sciences, will be visiting Hong Kong from 20 to 25 January 2016. We will be holding an event for alumni to coincide with his visit. If you live in Hong Kong and are able to assist with this, please contact us.
Dr Shivani Sharma, from the School of Life and Medical Sciences, hosted a dinner for University of Hertfordshire alumni in Delhi, India on 16 December 2015. 12 alumni attended the event. Guests enjoyed catching up with each other and hearing from Dr Sharma about the latest news from the University.
Update your details
Please update us with your contact details - your email, industry sector and career news are particularly helpful. We can then ensure you receive targeted communications for your country and job industry.
Become an alumni ambassador
We would love to hear from you if you'd like to become an alumni ambassador for your country. It is an exciting and rewarding voluntary role. Become an alumni ambassador to:
- stay in contact with alumni in your country with whom you've shared the formative experience of studying overseas at Hertfordshire
- grow your social and professional networks
- expand your career opportunities through professional networking events and career mentoring
- give back to UH with your time and local knowledge
- meet prospective students from your country to share your experience of Hertfordshire
Please contact us if you would like to find out more details.
Help enhance graduates' global employability
Internships and work placements
Can you or your company offer an internship, work placement or work experience to a current student or new graduate? We are looking to increase the number of professional opportunities in countries outside the UK to help our graduates compete in the increasingly competitive global job market.
Can you provide careers advice about your sector, and local knowledge about your country or city's labour market and industry entry requirements? Please join our Insight Network. Your advice is highly beneficial to our current students who are considering their global career opportunities.