Alumnus of the year
Recognising excellence within the alumni community.
Honouring outstanding achievement
The Alumnus of the Year award formally recognises an alumnus of the University, or one of its predecessor institutions, who represents outstanding achievement in either:
- The arts
- Major contribution to the lives of others/triumph against the odds
Make a nomination
Unfortunately, nominations for the 2017 award are now closed and our winner will be announced at the ceremony on 22 June!
Criteria for nomination
If you are interested in nominating someone in the future, the judges will look at the following criteria:
- Professional success demonstrated by notable career achievements
- National and/or international distinction or recognition
- Consistent community involvement, and/or significant volunteerism or philanthropy
- Meritorious heroism
- Suitability as a role model for University of Hertfordshire staff, students and alumni.
The award allows us to join in celebrating the recipient's accomplishments of our alumni community.