Whether you're a committed athlete, play sport for fun, or you fancy trying your hand at something new, the Hertfordshire Sports Village on the Hatfield de Havilland campus will have something to suit you.
We've got some of the best sporting facilities in the UK - so good in fact, that they're used by many professional sports teams as a training base.
Whatever your sport, or if you just want to keep fit, there's something here for you.
What can I do at the Sports Village?
- Play badminton, basketball and volleyball at the twelve badminton court sports hall, with sprung wooden floor built to Badminton Association of England Performance Centre standards.
- Hone your climbing skills on the twelve-metre climbing wall with a bouldering cave and moveable hand holds for different route settings.
- Swim in the twenty-five-metre, eight-lane swimming pool built to national short course competition standards.
- Play cricket indoors in the four-net, purpose-built cricket hall, which is also used for martial arts, archery and other sports.
- Work out in the one hundred-station fitness centre with its cardio-theatre, aerobics studio and sports injury clinic.
- Enjoy a game of squash at the two squash courts with sprung floors, glass-backed walls and viewing gallery.
- Show off your football or rugby skills on the two floodlit New Generation Astro Turf pitches.
- Play hockey on the floodlit sand-filled Astro Turf pitch.
- Enjoy outdoor matches on three grass football pitches and one rugby pitch.
The Sports Village is also a home match and training venue for local and professional clubs, so there are plenty of opportunities to watch and play.See more on the Sports Village
There are lots of sporting facilities near the University of Hertfordshire, including golf courses, indoor tennis courts, go-karting, snow-boarding, ten-pin bowling and ice-skating. Don't forget, too, that there's a multitude of new cycle lanes in and around the Welwyn and Hatfield area.