Information for Authors
University of Hertfordshire Press gives you all the advantages of a university press including high academic standards, specialist knowledge and rigorous publishing values, as well as the benefits of a small publishing house.
We provide an excellent, personal service for all our authors from the initial proposal stage through to keeping you informed about sales and marketing after your book is published.
Key benefits of publishing with us:
- Personal service
- Specialist knowledge
- Excellent editorial support
- A high quality product
- Individually tailored marketing
- Promotion through conventional and electronic channels
- Worldwide sales and distribution
We care passionately about each book we publish and we want you to be as happy as we are with the end product. We consult you over the cover design and promotional materials, valuing your input and making sure you are fully abreast of the book's progress through production.
We are most keen to receive proposals on the subject areas listed below but also encourage you to contact us to discuss work covering other topics:
- Romani Studies (Gypsies & Travellers)
- Regional History
- Local History
- Sustainable Communities
- Theatre Studies
If you would like to submit a proposal please:
- call the Press Manager, Jane Housham, on 01707 284681
- or download and complete our Book Proposal Questionnaire then send it to us by email or post