Talk to our experts
You can talk to our experts about many topics that feature in the news. Here are just a few:
In the news
Bruce Fitt, professor of plant pathology, can talk to you about crop and environmental protection.
- Modern DNA Techniques Applied to Nineteenth-Century Potatoes
- New research links crop disease and climate change
- Professor Shares Expertise on Crop Disease
Our expert: Professor Bruce Fitt
Hugh Jones, professor of astronomy, can talk to you about discovering new planets that may be habitable.
- New Neighbours? Closest Single Star Like Our Sun May Have Habitable Planet
- New Super Earth in Six Planet System May Be Just Right to Support Life
Our expert: Professor Hugh Jones
Claire Goodman, professor in healthcare research, can talk to you about research into older people, end of life care, care homes and care of people with long term conditions.
- Pioneering Research into Dementia
- Care Homes and NHS Need to Work Together
- Sense of Security Most Important for Older People Receiving Care at Home
Our expert: Professor Claire Goodman
Dr Andrew Maunder, reader in Victorian studies, can talk to you about his current project into First World War theatre and entertainment.
Our expert: Dr Andrew Maunder
Dr Jyoti Choudrie, can provide insights and commentary into internet usage and broadband uptake.
Our expert: Dr Jyoti Choudrie
Keith Laws, professor of cognitive neuropsychology, can talk to you about research into cognitive problems in Alzheimer's disease, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Taking Ginkgo Biloba Does Not Improve Memory
- Women with Alzheimer's Deteriorate Faster than Men
- What body obsessive people see in famous faces
- Mind-pops more likely with schizophrenia
Our expert: Professor Keith Laws