Fast Track to Success with Dragons’ Den Online Education Programme
Find out how to make your ‘first million’ with the University of Hertfordshire
Take your seat in the Den as Dialectyx Solutions and the University of Hertfordshire launch the first ever Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme, developed in close collaboration with Sony Pictures Television, which represents the Dragons’ Den brand globally, and in consultation with the BBC, which produces the UK version of the TV format.
Combining the worlds of academia and entertainment in an innovative new format, Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme is a high calibre and interactive online learning course designed to help anyone keen to improve their business acumen and entrepreneurial skillset.
Take the seat of a DragonPioneered with the University’s Business School, the programme places learners in the seat of a Dragon where they must decide how to invest £100k across a number of business opportunities with the aim of making their first million. Users will develop the quality of their thinking against core business skills whilst testing the ability to make smart judgments.
Nigel Culkin, Professor of Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Development at the University of Hertfordshire, comments: “I am fully supportive of this revolutionary new approach to experiential learning. As the leading business-facing University in the UK, we're keen to embrace new technologies that make learning and self-development both engaging and useful to the individual.
To date, more than 15,000 people have experienced this unique role-playing simulation, which I would sum up as, increasing a person's self-confidence in taking decisions that once seemed beyond them.”
Leading University researchDeveloped from leading university research from Hertfordshire and Cambridge, the programme will teach the essentials of Finance, Strategy and Marketing. Using a mix of traditional teaching techniques with role-playing simulations, Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme, delivers an accelerated learning course that is accessible, stimulating and practical.
- A variety of high-impact game-based scenarios, teach and practise the essentials of Finance, Strategy and Marketing through the method of ‘theory, practice and feedback’.
- The conclusion of each business case is revealed at the end so that users can understand the consequences of their decisions and take that learning into the next challenge.
- Based on the user’s performance on each task, skills and knowledge meters provide instant feedback throughout the process and highlight areas for improvement.
- To enhance the competitive role-playing elements of the programme, a user’s skills profile can also be compared to other professional learners. As each user progresses they are ranked on general leaderboards and against their peers.
- ‘ 9 Skills for Success Personal Profile and Development Plan, and a
- Business Success Toolkit, which users can then apply to their own business or career.
“Whether you’re an entrepreneur, job seeker, start-up or corporate executive, the Dragons’ Den Online Educational Programme offers the support and flexibility to acquire key business skills that will take your career or business to the next level.” says Steve Arnold, CEO of Dialectyx.
“At a time of great uncertainty in both the job market and the wider economy, self-improvement is critical to secure a strong financial future. This product gives you more than a fighting chance.”
Find out more
Dragons’ Den Online Learning Programme is available via UH Online, the University of Hertfordshire’s centre for distance learning, at www.dragonsdeneducation.com. Offering more than 15 hours of online learning, it is an essential programme that can guide entrepreneurs on their way to success, or their first million.