Eleven staff from the University have won National Teaching Fellowship awards since they were established and in 2008. Professor Mary Thornton was additionally awarded the accolade of being a Senior Fellow of the HEA in 2008.
This makes the University of Hertfordshire one of the top institutions in the country in terms of the number of awards won.
The Individual Award, from the Higher Education Academy, aims to recognise and celebrate individuals who make an outstanding impact on the student learning experience.
Our award-winning staff
- Guillaume Alinier – Principal Lecturer and Hertfordshire Intensive Care and Emergency Simulation Centre Co-ordinator
- Irene Anderson – Reader in Learning and Teaching in Healthcare Practice, School of Nursing and Midwifery.
- Dr Trevor Barker – Principal Lecturer, School of Computer Science
- Jenny Blumhof (no longer working at the University of Hertfordshire)
- Dr Helen Burchell – Principal Lecturer, School of Education
- Dr Martina Doolan – Principal Lecturer, Blended Learning Teacher and School of Computer Science
- Dr Amanda Jefferies – Reader in Technology Enhanced Learing, School of Computer Science
- Indra Jones (no longer working at the University of Hertfordshire)
- Prof Mark Russell – Professor of Learning and Assessment in Higher Education, Learning and Teaching Institute, School Aerospace, Automotive and Design Engineering
- Prof Mary Thornton (Senior Fellow) – Centre for Research in Professional and Work-related Learning, School of Education
- Dr Rosie Turner-Bisset (deceased)