Learning and Teaching Institute
The Learning and Teaching Institue brings together a wealth of Learning, Teaching and Assessment expertise from across the university.
Visit our Knowledge Exchange site to find out more about the work we do, useful resources and contact information.
The Learning and Teaching Institute’s mission is to:
- develop a leading edge profile in learning, teaching and assessment locally, nationally and internationally.
- build capacity in research, knowledge and skills required for learning and teaching excellence in a business facing University.
Our overarching goal is to work with individuals, Schools, Faculties and senior management to support the implementation of the learning, teaching and assessment aspects of the Student Experience Strategy (SES)
We develop and support institutional priorities such as:
- employability and entrepreneurialism
- flexible learning
- assessment for learning
Our key areas of activity are:
- Strategy and Policy
- Professional Development and Events
- Guidance, Resources and Toolkits
- Learning and Teaching Projects
The Learning and Teaching Institute brings together a wealth of Learning, Teaching and Assessment expertise from across the university, including that of the Blended Learning Unit, a national Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
International Blended Learning Conference
This event is usually held by the Learning and Teaching Institute every year in June. It allows us to share and innovate developments in blended learning and is a global conference.