Skip to content
Top of page
1981 - 1990
- Hatfield Polytechnic is given corporate status.
- Sir Ron Dearing and Professor Buxton sign an agreement giving the Polytechnic accreditation from the CNAA, 1 of only 21 polytechnics, colleges and Scottish Central Institutions to be accredited at the time.
- Hatfield becomes 1 of only 8 polytechnics to be accredited for research degrees.
- Professor Neil Buxton becomes the new Director of the Polytechnic.
- New sports hall built on Hatfield Campus. The Polytechnic has more than 5,000 students and 824 staff.
- Dr John Illston succeeds Sir Norman Lindop as Director of the Polytechnic.