Freedom of Information and Data Protection
The Freedom of Information Act 2000
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives members of the public the right to access information held by the University on how it is managed and its decision-making processes.
In this section you will find the following:
- What is the Freedom of Information Act
- How to make a request for information
- How to access information available through the University’s Publication Scheme
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Data Protection Act 1998 governs the protection of personal data in the UK and gives an individual the right to access information which an organisation holds on them.
In this section you can find out:
- What is the Data Protection Act
- How to make a request for personal information
- Guidance on how the University collects and manages personal data
We believe strongly in protecting our users' privacy online.