Students from other SCONUL Access member institutions
The SCONUL Access scheme is open to staff, research students, postgraduate and part time undergraduate students, distance learning and placement students who are studying at member institutions, and allows borrowing arrangements to be set up on a reciprocal basis.
Please note that there are different levels of access, referred to as bands. Not all institutions accept applications from all bands, so please consult the SCONUL website for further details.
If you wish to apply for borrowing privileges at the University of Hertfordshire under this scheme, then please:
- Obtain a SCONUL Access scheme email from your own institution. To apply go to the SCONUL website and select SCONUL Access.
- Complete the SCONUL application form for University of Hertfordshire access.
- Submit the completed form together with a printout of your SCONUL Access email from your own institution and a passport sized photograph. Please note that applications made during September and October may be delayed due to student registration.
- The University will post your University of Hertfordshire ID/Library card to you. Please allow up to 14 days for receipt.
- The University of Hertfordshire offers access to the Internet, MS Word, use of your personal Athens accounts and some digital information resources where our licences permit from PCs in our campus Learning Resources Centres to visiting students registered under the SCONUL Access scheme.