About our facilities
Our world-class facilities make the University of Hertfordshire an outstanding place to study, live and work. As part of the University of Hertfordshire, you benefit from:
A self-contained, accessible campus
It's a short walk between the two main sites of our single-campus, the state-of-the-art £120 m de Havilland site and College Lane.
Our contemporary academic centres, social venues and accommodation have all been designed to enhance your learning experience.
Excellent study resources
To support your learning experience, we offer:
- State-of-the-art technology, including networked electronic systems, hi-tech labs and ICT suites.
- Always-on learning: our award-winning Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, with some 3,000 study seats and over 1,200 computer workstations.
- Online anytime, anywhere - studynet is your University online, providing a gateway to all your personalised course and study information and access to University online services.
- Cutting-edge facilities: one of the UK's best-equipped astronomical observatories, a flight simulator, wind tunnels, environmental and anechoic chambers, a simulated intensive care unit, creative studios and digital workshops.
Because it's not all work, work, work at university, enjoy:
- Top sport: the University's on-campus Hertfordshire Sports Village offers outstanding sports and fitness facilities for all ages and abilities.
- Peak performances: the stunning 460-seat Weston Auditorium regularly stages acclaimed cultural and arts events.
- Social benefits: a thriving range of clubs, societies and Students' Union events.