Equality and diversity
About the Equality Office
The Equality Office is placed within the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for all aspects related to equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to our staff and students.
We assist the University to:
- advance equality
- value diversity
- maintain an inclusive ethos of dignity and respect for everyone
Our work includes:
- advising on equality legal requirements and good practice
- developing policies, priorities, initiatives and action plans
- consulting and engaging with staff and students
- monitoring and reporting progress against equality goals
- delivering training and raising awareness
- celebrating diversity through events e.g. Black History Month, LGBT History Month.
We work with many internal and external stakeholders including the University's Strategic Business Units (SBUs), departments, staff, students, Students' Union and trade unions.
- facilitate a Harassment and Bullying Adviser Network
- lead on information for students and staff who are carers
- liaise with local agencies and community groups that promote and advance equality
- work with national bodies e.g. Equality Challenge Unit.
Who we are
Min Rodriguez-Davies, Head of Equality
Tel: +44 (0)1707 284982
Sarah Bowes-Phipps, Equality and Diversity Officer
Tel: +44 (0)1707 289362
Follow us on Twitter: @uhequality