Equality and diversity
About the Equality Office
The Equality Office is placed within the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and is responsible for all aspects related to equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to our staff and students.
We assist the University to:
- advance equality
- value diversity
- maintain an inclusive ethos of dignity and respect for everyone
Our work includes:
- advising on equality legal requirements and good practice
- developing policies, priorities, initiatives and action plans
- consulting and engaging with staff and students
- monitoring and reporting progress against equality goals
- delivering training and raising awareness
- celebrating diversity through events e.g. Black History Month, LGBT History Month.
We work with many internal and external stakeholders including the University's Strategic Business Units (SBUs), departments, staff, students, Students' Union and trade unions.
- facilitate a Harassment and Bullying Adviser Network
- lead on information for students and staff who are carers
- liaise with local agencies and community groups that promote and advance equality
- work with national bodies e.g. Equality Challenge Unit.
Who we are
For general enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Min Rodriguez||Head of Equality||+44 (0)1707 email@example.com|
|Joanne Prescott||Equality and Diversity Officer||+44 (0)1707 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Bowes-Phipps||Equality and Diversity Officer (currently on maternity leave)||+44 (0)1707 email@example.com|
|Katerina Finnis||Athena SWAN Officer||+44 (0)1707 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Follow us on Twitter: @uhequality