Working with the community
We work with you
The rapid expansion of the University of Hertfordshire promises a bright future for the town and local area. The University is supporting the community in lots of different ways.
Community amenities and events
- UH Arts has a lively programme of dance, theatre, comedy and exhibitions for everyone to enjoy.
- Local residents can use some of the best university sports facilities in the country at our £15 million Hertfordshire Sports Village.
- UNO is our bus service. It makes 2,300,000 passenger journeys a year, around two-thirds of them carrying local residents.
- Local charities can benefit from student and staff fundraising. We also sponsor social events, including the Rhythms of the World music festival.
- We take part in voluntary work and environmental projects.
Community educational initiatives
- Schools and community groups can benefit from our mentoring programmes.
Community Partnership Office
The University's Community Partnership Office is the main point of contact for:
- local community organisations
- charities and support groups
- local residents