About UH Galleries
Who we are
Critically acclaimed University of Hertfordshire Galleries (UH Galleries) are among the most innovative contemporary art spaces in the UK.
With two dynamic galleries - the Art and Design Gallery in Hatfield - and our new gallery space within the Museum of St Albans – UH Galleries presents international contemporary art to the community and wider audiences, in traditional and sometimes challenging ways.
What we do
- We exhibit established artists, as well as showcasing more experimental work, collaborating with other major cultural institutions across Europe.
- Our vibrant spaces target not only students and staff, but members of the local community.
- We stage up to 10 exhibitions and commissioned projects a year across the 2 galleries.
- We offer, and continue to develop, an exciting range of hugely successful touring exhibitions.
- We are funded by the University of Hertfordshire, with support from Arts Council England East and other organisations such as the Henry Moore Foundation.
- We produce a wide range of art publications which are available through the Galleries’ office.
What are or aims?
UH Galleries aims to offer artists and makers from all disciplines in the early stages of their professional careers significant exhibition and associated publishing opportunities.
We aim to provide local audiences with the opportunity to engage with contemporary art and discover an array of surprises and hidden interests in our varied and vibrant programme of exhibitions.
Working with the community
Each year we hold the Eastern Approaches exhibition, where local artists display their work during December at the Museum of St Albans.
Explore our past, present and upcoming exhibition programme:Upcoming Exhibitions | Past Exhibitions | Eastern Approaches